For more information on the Cedar Grove Signature Fund, please contact Elizabeth Cwik.
Senior Program Officer
Signature Funds are offered by the Community Foundation as an alternative to a private foundation for donors with significant charitable assets. They are donor driven so the funding priorities, exclusions, decision-making and timing of grant awards are determined by the donor.
- The Cedar Grove Signature Fund supports organizations in all nonprofit sectors that impact the quality of life in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. However, human services, education, and arts and culture will be the primary focus.
- The fund is intended to support the programmatic work of eligible nonprofits by funding program needs, capital campaigns or event sponsorships. In addition, the fund will also support projects that build efficiencies in the organization’s management systems and structures.
- New approaches to solving problems are appreciated.
- Reporting against clearly pre-defined metrics for success will be required for program/general support, sponsorship and capital projects. A capital campaign case statement will be a required upload to meet this requirement.
- The Cedar Grove Signature Fund accepts applications from nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status.
- Preferred applications will be from organizations in operation for at least seven years, with a minimum of two years or more since receiving the 501(c)(3) status.
- Religious activities for religious purposes. Contact Program Officer for qualification as needed
- Expenses for projects and programs that have already occurred or will occur during the grant review process
The timing of grant awards will be determined by the donor. Grant awards will be made once per calendar year, with final reports due each fall.
Frequency of Application
One grant application per organization per year.
Maximum Request Amount
Amounts will range typically range from $10,000-$50,000
October 1, 2021 by 4:30 p.m. CST
Elizabeth Cwik, Program Officer, at email@example.com or at 319.774.2372.