The Community Foundation honors family traditions in giving and provides the resources and expertise necessary to fully assist your family in embracing a giving plan that reflects your values.
More and more families are looking for ways to embrace philanthropy and involve their children and extended family members. The Community Foundation can help you plan to support the charities you care about most while receiving maximum tax benefits.
To create strong family philanthropy, we recommend creating a strategic, charitable giving plan addressing the following questions:
- Why are you giving? What are your family values and motivations for philanthropy?
- What do you want to achieve? What are your goals?
- What is your approach? How do you decide between fund options?
- How will you assess progress?
- Who will join you? How involved do you want your family to be?
We can meet with your family to facilitate discussions to design a program that fits your philanthropic philosophy, values and goals. We can also revisit your giving plan with your family through the years as your family evolves.