The Linn County Grants support programs and projects that enhance the quality of life and community development outside the metropolitan area in Linn County, Iowa. *
- Priority is given to applications from non-metro communities in Linn County.
- Capital projects are eligible for consideration.
- Priority is given to programs that are well designed, responsive to community conditions, innovative, make effective use of community resources, and test or demonstrate solutions to community issues.
*The metropolitan area consists of Cedar Rapids, Marion, Hiawatha, Robins and Fairfax.
- The Community Foundation accepts applications from nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status, governmental organizations, and non-501(c)(3) organizations that have completed arrangements to obtain a fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations based in the Cedar Rapids area may apply for projects benefiting non-metro Linn County with support and partners identified within the community being served.
- Fundraising events and activities
- Re-granting funds to other nonprofits
- Religious activities or efforts supporting an organization’s core religious mission – contact the program officer for clarification
- Scholarships for primary and secondary education and post-secondary degree programs
- Expenses that have occurred or will occur during the grant review process
- Travel out of the region
Maximum Request Amount
Duration of Grant
Grantmaking Equity Statement
The Community Foundation is committed to ensuring equity in our grantmaking strategy. Review the Grantmaking Equity Statement adopted by the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors here.
Application and Forms
- Download 2023 Linn County Grants Application and Scoring Criteria
- Download Organization Demographics Form
- Download Budget Form
- Download Budget Explanation Key
About the County Endowment Program
The County Endowment Program was created by the Iowa Legislature and is funded by a distribution of gambling revenues to non-gambling counties. Each year, 75% of the funds are distributed to charitable projects within the county. The remaining 25% is placed in a permanent endowment fund at the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation and used to benefit the county in perpetuity.
NOTE: The Community Foundation maintains strict standards to uphold the integrity of the grantmaking process. Our conflict of interest policy applies to grant committees, board and staff requiring recusals in cases of conflict of interest. The Community Foundation review processes are methodical and transparent, with scoring tools for competitive grant applications available in the online applications.