Boys & Girls Clubs of the Corridor welcomes all school-age youth, with over 90 percent of the children and teens we serve coming from low-income households. Additionally, 82 percent belong to communities of color. Our year-round youth development programming aims to guide these young people toward becoming caring and successful adults.
To achieve our goal, we provide daily activities centered around the following Six Core Program Areas:
1. Education & Technology programs help youth create aspirations for the future and provide them with opportunities for career exploration and educational enhancement.
2. Character & Leadership Development programs empower youth to support and influence Club and community, sustain meaningful relationships with others, develop a positive self-image, participate in the democratic process and respect cultural identities.
3. Sports, Recreation & Fitness programs help develop fitness, a positive use of leisure time, reduction of stress, appreciation for the environment, and social and interpersonal skills.
4. Health & Wellness programs aid in the development of young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals and live successful adult lives. Programs in this area are SMART Girls, Passport to Manhood & Chef’s Club.
5. The Arts programs enable young people to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of the visual arts, performing arts and creative writing.
6. Workforce Readiness programs help young people meet the workforce challenges of tomorrow, they need safe spaces, positive mentorship and work experiences today.