Grow Your Nonprofit’s Financial Future
Nonprofit Funds give organizations the opportunity to build a stable funding stream. With a fund at the Community Foundation, your nonprofit will have access to a range of tools and resources to help you and your donors.
How It Works 1-2-3
“Through support from the Community Foundation, businesses, and individuals, Willis Dady is able to provide emergency shelter, permanent supportive housing, veterans services, and rapid rehousing programs in response to urgent community needs.”Aaron Amundson,
Willis Dady Homeless Services
What are the Benefits of Nonprofit Funds at the Community Foundation?
- The fund grows overtime and provides a stable funding stream.
- Donors who contribute to your endowment are eligible to receive the Endow Iowa tax credit only offered at qualifying community foundations like ours.
- The Community Foundation receives and processes gifts, manages the investments, files tax returns, and makes distributions to your nonprofit.
- Organizations with endowed or quasi-endowed funds can invest in a larger pool of assets, which can lead to greater growth, greater income and lower investment fees.
- We can handle complex gifts from your donors like grain, stock, life insurance, bequests, or property.
- Your profile on the online Nonprofit Giving Center makes it easy for donors to give to your fund.
- You gain additional exposure through the Community Foundation’s marketing and communications.
- You have access to the Development Team at the Community Foundation to help you with questions and assist you with your goals for fund.
The Power of Endowment: Endowment Services
An endowed fund can give your organization a consistent and secure source of funding while growing your assets. Learn how to:
- Create financial stability for your nonprofit
- Explain how an endowment can grow
- Determine if an endowment is right for your organization
- Access the Endowment Toolkit
- Apply for an Endowment Challenge Grant for matching gifts
Donors Can Support Your Nonprofit Fund in Many Ways
Nonprofits with Funds at the Community Foundation
We holdover 100 funds for nonprofits and public agencies in Linn County. These fund holders turn to us for convenient and effective investment strategies and other supports.