The President’s Fund supports emergency expenses and emerging opportunities for nonprofit organizations in Linn County, Iowa. This fund is intended for infrequent use in unique circumstances. Opportunities that can be or could have been submitted within a grant cycle are not eligible for President’s Fund grant support.
The President’s Fund accepts applications from nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status.
- Emergency Expenses: These are expenses resulting from unexpected circumstances that put the organization itself in jeopardy and/or are addressing a life-or-death situation.
- Emerging Opportunities: Due to changing community circumstances an unexpected opportunity occurs or the need for a new program or service arises. Funding is needed to take advantage of the opportunity, provide the service or start the program while other funding sources are sought.
- The opportunity could not have been anticipated in the course of an organization’s typical annual planning.
- It must be a time-sensitive situation of broad community importance.
- Start-up expenses may be supported for a new nonprofit seeking to fill unmet needs in the community.
Maximum Request Amount and Duration of Grant
$2,500 and up to 12 months
Frequency of Application
Organizations may receive one grant from the President’s Fund in a 12-month period.
Applications are accepted as needed and will be reviewed in a timely manner, usually within two weeks.
To apply to the President’s Fund, please submit a one-page letter explaining the request including a budget listing the component costs of the request. New organizations should also provide a brief description of the organization – how it started, its purpose, list of officers and projects.
How to Submit
Send an e-mail to Rochelle Naylor at email@example.com.
Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
Attn: Grant Program Department
324 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Rochelle Naylor, Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 319.774.2373.