The Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation will host its Celebration of Community event on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 from 4 – 6 p.m. at NewBo City Market. The program will be from 4 – 4:30 p.m. with a reception to follow. The free event is a celebration of the good that happens when philanthropy and nonprofit organizations in Linn County come together.
This year’s celebration will focus on “Good Work & Good People.” Over 30 good people will be recognized for their contributions to Linn County nonprofit organizations. They are volunteers, donors or employees that are making a positive impact by being involved and giving back to our community.
This is the fifth year for the event, hosted by the Community Foundation. It’s an opportunity for community-minded people to come together to learn about and celebrate the generosity of community members and the hard work of nonprofit professionals.
Two nonprofit excellence awards will be presented to local nonprofit professionals for their tremendous contributions to the nonprofit sector. The Nonprofit Leadership Excellence Award will be presented to Shannon Ramsay, Founding President & CEO, Trees Forever. The Minnie Rubek Staff Excellence Award will be presented to Tara Richards, Director of Community Engagement, Brucemore, Inc.
WHAT: Celebration of Community – A free event to celebrate how Good Work & Good People are making a difference in our communities.
WHO: Open to the public: Nonprofits, Donors, Volunteers, Community Members. RSVP by November 10th here.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 4 – 6 p.m.
- 4 – 4:30 – Program. Please arrive before 4 p.m. to be seated.
- 4:30 – 6 p.m. – Reception
WHERE: NewBo City Market, 1100 3rd St. SE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
WHY: To celebrate people in our community who are making a difference through their work at nonprofit organizations in Linn County.
GOOD WORK & GOOD PEOPLE
The following individuals and groups will be recognized as in a “Good Work & Good People” display at the event:
- Lori Ampey, Boys & Girls Clubs of Cedar Rapids
- Clipper Windpower, LLC Employees, Aging Services, Inc.
- Dr. Stephanie Cooper, Eastern Iowa Health Center
- Tom Ekland, Tanager Place
- Jenny Emerson, Boys & Girls Clubs of Cedar Rapids
- Brooke Fitzgerald, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Dawn Gifford, Quilts of Valor Foundation
- Kari Harford, Goodwill of the Heartland
- Celeste Jaquis, House of Hope
- Harriet Kalinsky, Cedar Rapids Public Library
- Scott Koepke, Iowa Valley Resource Conservation & Development
- Renae Koth, Foundation 2
- Mary Krivit, JDRF
- Carrie Kriz, National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
- Jamie Kuehl, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Rachel Morris, Marion Cares
- Natasha Murdock, The Dream Factory, Inc. of Iowa
- Akwi Nji, The Hook
- Amanda Pins, Alzheimer’s Association
- Cathy Piper, His Hands Free Clinic
- Susan Reeve, Cedar Rapids Museum of Art
- Bob Reitz, Cedar Rapids Community Schools Foundation
- George Rickey, Eastern Iowa Honor Flight
- Masemo Ruharuka, Catherine McAuley Center
- Timothy Salis, Willis Dady Homeless Services
- Hassan Selim, Islamic Center of Cedar Rapids
- Jill Sindt, Heritage Area Agency on Aging
- Linda Smith, Community Health Free Clinic
- Andy Streit, Make-A-Wish Iowa
- Ann Thompson, Waypoint
- Dr. Chris Tyler, March of Dimes
- Elizabeth Wilson, Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio
- Mike and Esther Wilson, United Way of East Central Iowa
- YPN Group Facilitators and Child Care Providers, Young Parents Network
For more information about the event, click here.