The Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation is accepting applications for an Accountant.
Reports to: Controller, CFO
The Accountant is responsible for the maintenance and control of the general ledger and financial transactions of the Community Foundation. This includes analysis and thorough review of financial records. In addition, assists the CFO in benefits administration and risk management.
- Assists the Controller with the day-to-day, month-end, and year-end operations of the Finance Team.
- Manages the daily processing of contributions.
- Performs the weekly processing and recording of accounts payable and grant payments.
- Works with Future Systems to process payroll semi-monthly.
- Performs the monthly reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Records adjusting and reclassification journal entries, as needed, on a monthly basis.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports and analysis as requested.
- Assists CFO during Open Enrollment period.
- Works with TrueNorth to maintain employee benefits portal.
- Works with TIAA to monitor 403(b) plan. Provide information to third-party administrator for preparation of tax return.
- Participates in annual meeting with TrueNorth.
- Prepares annual summary of insurance coverage.
- Maintains insurance records.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Adept at oral and written communication
- Seeks and maintains good relationships
- Uses good judgement
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Quick insight and ability to learn
- Supports the mission of the Community Foundation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Application deadline is Monday, May 22, 2017 at noon.