The Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation is seeking a Development Assistant to be responsible for administrative operations of the Development Team including gift processing, donor acknowledgement, and donor database management. Applications will be accepted through Monday, April 10, 2017 at noon CST. A resume, cover letter and four references should be sent to email@example.com.
Title: Development Assistant
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Development Services
Performs business functions necessary to process contributions to the Community Foundation daily.
- Assists with the processing of incoming and outgoing mail daily and routes materials.
- Records contributions in the database system.
- Processes matching gift applications.
Performs a key role in donor-relations by preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence in a timely manner.
- Creates gift acknowledgement letters and other related gift correspondence.
- Process and track Endow Iowa tax credit applications.
- Assists with donor welcome information.
Donor Database Management
Ensures the accuracy of the information within the donor database.
- General database processing and data entry.
- Continually updates database records.
Provides general administrative support for the Development Team.
- Maintains hard copy and electronic donor files.
- Assures the records retention policy is being followed.
- Assists with assembly of meeting materials and development mailings.
- Helps maintain guest lists and provide other administrative support associated with development events.
- Provides assistance with preparing for team meetings and events such as preparing materials, reserving rooms, ordering meals, set-up/clean-up and RSVPs.
- Reviews newspaper daily for information on donors and notifies the appropriate development staff of news.
- Administrative support to the Development Team members as needed.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with all Community Foundation policies.
- Maintains confidentiality as defined in the Community Foundation Confidentiality Policy.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and professional manner, both in appearance and actions in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Follows emergency plan in crisis situations.
- Attends and participates in Community Foundation meetings as directed.
- Maintains scheduled work hours, M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and notifies his/her supervisor personally of absences.
- Promotes a team concept by being courteous, helpful and supportive to other employees and all Community Foundation audiences.
- Works flexible hours, including evening and weekend hours, if needed.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work environment.
- Completes/submits forms related to payroll and human resources accurately and on time to supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a strong working knowledge Microsoft Office.
- Must possess the ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Must possess acute attention to detail.
- Experience in Stellar iPhi, or other donor development software, preferred but not required.
- Experience with and knowledge of the nonprofit sector, charitable giving, foundations and fund management preferred but not required.
Applications will be accepted through Monday, April 10, 2017 at noon CST. A resume, cover letter and four references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.