Hours: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Position Summary: Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system; offers support to the Community Foundation teams.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries and taking messages.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and staff directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring equipment.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area and common areas by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains vendor list and is liaison for communication.
- Updates meeting location signs daily and sends daily communication to staff regarding on-site events and activities.
- Assists with facility rental and maintains calendar of reservations.
- Orders office supplies.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail daily and routes materials.
- Assists with function and maintenance of all office equipment, including copier, fax, mailing equipment, phones and computers.
- Assures the records retention policy is being followed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provides support for processing donor gift acknowledgement letters, Endow Iowa applications, donor welcome information and grant distribution letters.
- Provides assistance with preparing for team meetings and events such as preparing materials, reserving rooms, ordering meals, set-up/clean-up and RSVPs.
- Reviews newspaper daily for information on donors and notifies the appropriate development staff of news.
- Assists with database maintenance and filing.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with all Community Foundation
- Maintains confidentiality as defined in the Community Foundation Confidentiality Policy.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and professional manner, both in appearance and actions in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Follows emergency plan in crisis situations.
- Attends and participates in Community Foundation meetings as directed.
- Maintains scheduled work hours, M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and notifies his/her supervisor personally of absences.
- Promotes a team concept by being courteous, helpful and supportive to other employees and all Community Foundation
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work environment.
- Completes/submits forms related to payroll and human resources accurately and on time to supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience as a Receptionist or similar role preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience in a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write and proofread business letters and other correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that promote a supportive environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in database software preferred.
Please email cover letter and resume to Laura Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
324 3rd St. SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
The application deadline is Monday, January 26, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.