The Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation announces its final grant cycle for 2021 for local charitable nonprofits. Applications will be accepted through Friday, October 1, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. CST. Grants will be awarded to organizations that enhance the quality of life in Linn County.
The Community Foundation accepts applications from nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status, governmental organizations, and non-501(c)(3) organizations that have completed arrangements to obtain a fiscal sponsor. Grant applications can be submitted online at www.gcrcf.org starting Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
For more information on funding opportunities and deadlines, visit gcrcf.org/grants.
For this grant cycle, applications will be accepted for the following grant programs:
- Program Support Grants: Support new, innovative programs and sustains current and/or ongoing programs. Grant awards are a maximum of $30,000 for a 12-month period. Award limits are based on organizational age and size.
- Organization Support Grants: Support general operating costs and capacity-building projects for nonprofits that work in Linn County, with these grant opportunities based on organization location, age, and size. Grant awards from $1,000 to $20,000 are based on organization size.
- Linn County Grants: Support programs or projects that enhance the quality of life and community development outside the Cedar Rapids metropolitan area. Grant award maximum is $10,000.
- Creating Safe, Equitable and Thriving Communities Fund: Supports programming that addresses the inter-relational factors that lead to youth violence in Cedar Rapids. For this grant cycle, up to three organizations/collaborations will receive funding to launch, implement and sustain the support and outreach components of Group Violence Intervention (GVI). To view the request for proposals and learn more about GVI, visit gcrcf.org/grants.
- Cedar Grove Signature Fund: Supports organizations in all nonprofit sectors that impact the quality of life in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with a focus on human services, education, and arts and culture. Grants from this fund are determined by the donor.
- Disaster Recovery Fund: Supports human needs, nonprofit recovery, and support systems to help the community recover. Currently, there are two grant opportunities from this fund:
- Human Needs Recovery Grants: Support unmet human needs resulting from the derecho storm including coordination of assistance to individuals and families as well as direct provision of programs and services related to recovery.
- Nonprofit Recovery Grants: Support nonprofit organizations whose grounds are used to provide mission-based programming in Linn County, Iowa. This fund will provide grants from $5,000 to $25,000 to reimburse derecho-related expenses for recovery of grounds. Eligible expenses are those not being reimbursed from another source (i.e. insurance, fundraising).
- Competitive Donor-Advised Funds: Supports nonprofits that align with the funding priorities of the donor-advisors. The Community Foundation accepts grant applications for a number of local corporations and family foundations. The programs, grant award sizes, and activities to be funded are determined by each donor-advisor and may include programmatic or operating support, capital campaigns, event sponsorships and religious activities. Applications are being accepted for the following competitive donor-advised funds:
- CRST International
- McGrath Automotive Group
For more information on the Program Support Grants, please contact Sanjana Raghavan at 319.200.2279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Linn County Grants, Disaster Recovery Fund, Cedar Grove Signature Fund, and the Competitive Donor-Advised Funds, please contact Elizabeth Cwik at 319.774.2372 or email@example.com.
For more information on the Organization Support Grants, please contact Rochelle Naylor at 319.774.2373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Creating Safe, Equitable and Thriving Communities Fund, please contact Rachel Rockwell at 319.200.4007 or email@example.com.