Contact us to discuss how we can assist you in serving your client’s charitable giving needs.
Director of Planned Giving
Some of the greatest opportunities to make charitable gifts arise when your clients are making major business, personal and financial decisions. Some of your clients are already contributing to their favorite charities and wish to consult with you about ways they can expand their giving. Other clients may not have experience or knowledge of charitable giving options in the community. The Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation offers resources to help your clients with charitable giving as part of a comprehensive financial plan. Working together, we can help your clients leave a meaningful and personal legacy in our community.
To assist you in facilitating your clients charitable wishes, below are charitable giving resources for your use:
Information about the Community Foundation to share with your clients:
- When and Why to Give Through a Community Foundation
- Top 10 Reasons to Give Through the Community Foundation
- Giving Through the Community Foundation
- General Community Foundation Brochure
- Endow Iowa Brochure
- What is an Endowment?
Information about serving your clients:
- Planned Giving Calculators
- Questions to Ask Clients Initially
- Donor-Advised Funds vs. Private Foundations
- How to Talk to Clients about Philanthropy
- Philanthropy Roadmap
Links and articles about charitable giving:
- US Trust Study of the Philanthropic Conversation: Understanding Advisor Approaches and Client Expectations
- Charitable Giving Articles collected by Nopar Consulting
- Wall Street Journal: Five Reasons for Parents to Reveal Estate Plans
- Think Advisor: 6 Reasons Advisors Can’t Afford to Ignore Clients’ Philanthropy