For more information on Program Support Grants, please contact Sanjana Raghavan.
Program Support Grants support new, innovative programs and sustain current and/or ongoing programs that demonstrate impact on the quality of life in Linn County, Iowa.
This fund is intended to target the programmatic work of an organization and is not intended to assist with capital infrastructure projects (bricks and mortar) projects.
The Community Foundation accepts applications from nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status, governmental organizations, and non-501(c)(3) organizations that have completed arrangements to obtain a fiscal sponsor.
- Fundraising events and activities
- Religious activities or efforts supporting an organization’s core religious mission contact program officer for clarification
- Scholarships for primary and secondary education and post-secondary degree programs
- Expenses for projects and programs that have already occurred or will occur during the grant review process
- Travel out of the region
Maximum Request Amount
New initiatives are always limited to a maximum of $15,000.
|Organizational Budget||Request Amount||Grant Term|
*The Community Foundation generally does not fund more than 20% of an organization’s budget.
Duration of Grants
Application Frequency and Funding Limits
- Organizations may submit a total of three applications during 2022 for Program Support Grants and/or Organization Support Grants.
- Organizations with operating budgets less than $250,000 are generally limited to up to 20% of their operating budget in total from these two funds during 2022.
- Organizations with operating budgets $250,000 or higher are limited to $50,000 total from these two funds during 2022.
Grantmaking Equity Statement
The Community Foundation is committed to ensuring equity in our grantmaking strategy. Review the Grantmaking Equity Statement adopted by the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors here.
Sanjana Raghavan, Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 319.200.2279.
NOTE: The Community Foundation maintains strict standards to uphold the integrity of the grantmaking process. Our conflict of interest policy applies to grant committees, board and staff requiring recusals in cases of conflict of interest. The Community Foundation review processes are methodical and transparent, with scoring tools for competitive grant applications available in the online applications.