Linn County Grants

Contact Us

For more information on the Linn County Grants, please contact Sanjana Raghavan.


Sanjana Raghavan, MHA
Program Officer

The Linn County Grants support programs and projects that enhance the quality of life and community development outside the metropolitan area in Linn County, Iowa. *

  • Priority is given to applications from non-metro communities in Linn County.
  • Capital projects are eligible for consideration.
  • Priority is given to programs that are well designed, responsive to community conditions, innovative, make effective use of community resources, and test or demonstrate solutions to community issues.

*The metropolitan area consists of Cedar Rapids, Marion, Hiawatha, Robins, Fairfax.

Organization Eligibility

  • The Community Foundation accepts applications from nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status, governmental organizations, and non-501(c)(3) organizations that have completed arrangements to obtain a fiscal sponsor.
  • Organizations based in the Cedar Rapids area may apply for projects benefiting non-metro Linn County with support and partners identified within the community being served.

Ineligible Activities

  • Fundraising events and activities
  • Re-granting funds to other nonprofits
  • Religious activities: contact program officer for clarification
  • Scholarships for primary and secondary education and post-secondary degree programs
  • Expenses that have occurred or will occur during the grant review process

Low Priority Activities

  • Travel out of the region

Maximum Request Amount

Duration of Grant 
12 months

Application Deadline 
Once per year at the September 12, 2023 deadline

Grantmaking Equity Statement
The Community Foundation is committed to ensuring equity in our grantmaking strategy. Review the Grantmaking Equity Statement adopted by the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors here.

Application and Forms
2023 application coming soon
Download the Linn County Grant Budget Form
Download Sample Application Budget and Explanation Key

About the County Endowment Program 
The County Endowment Program was created by the Iowa Legislature and is funded by a distribution of gambling revenues to non-gambling counties. Each year, 75% of the funds are distributed to charitable projects within the county, with the remaining 25% are placed in a permanent endowment fund at the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation and used to benefit the county in perpetuity.

Questions? Contact 
Sanjana Raghavan, Program Officer, at or 319.200.2279.

NOTE: The Community Foundation maintains strict standards to uphold the integrity of the grantmaking process. Our conflict of interest policy applies to grant committees, board and staff requiring recusals in cases of conflict of interest. The Community Foundation review processes are methodical and transparent, with scoring tools for competitive grant applications available in the online applications.