The Linn County Fund supports programs and projects that enhance the quality of life and community development outside the metropolitan area in Linn County, Iowa. *
- Priority is given to applications from non-metro communities in Linn County.
- Capital projects are eligible for consideration.
- Priority is given to programs that are well designed, responsive to community conditions, innovative, make effective use of community resources, and test or demonstrate solutions to community issues.
*The metropolitan area consists of Cedar Rapids, Marion, Hiawatha, Robins, Fairfax.
- The Community Foundation accepts applications from nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status, governmental organizations, and non-501(c)(3) organizations that have completed arrangements to obtain a fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations based in the Cedar Rapids area may apply for projects benefiting non-metro Linn County with support and partners identified within the community being served.
- Fundraising events and activities
- Re-granting funds to other nonprofits
- Religious activities: contact program officer for clarification
- Scholarships for primary and secondary education and post-secondary degree programs
- Expenses that have occurred or will occur during the grant review process
Low Priority Activities
- Travel out of the region
Maximum Request Amount
Duration of Grant
Once per year at the September 18, 2020 deadline
About the County Endowment Program
The County Endowment Program was created by the Iowa Legislature and is funded by a distribution of gambling revenues to non-gambling counties. Each year, 75% of the funds are distributed to charitable projects within the county, with the remaining 25% are placed in a permanent endowment fund at the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation and used to benefit the county in perpetuity.
Rochelle Naylor, Program Officer, at email@example.com or 319.774.2373.