- This event has passed.
Nonprofit Know-How: Numbers Matter! (Nonprofit Finances)
November 13, 2014 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Nonprofit Know-How for November will be Thursday, November 13th when Julie Elias & Carley Umstead of McGladrey will present “Finances Matter!” In this session, discover:
– Activities that may jeopardize a nonprofit’s exempt status.
– Federal information, tax returns, or notices that must be filed.
– Recordkeeping–why, what & when.
– Governance considerations.
– Changes to be reported to the IRS.
– Required public disclosures.
– Resources for public nonprofits.
The program will be offered at noon at the Cedar Rapids Public Library (450 5th Ave. SE) in Beems Auditorium on the second floor. Free parking is available (using your library card) and attendees are encouraged to bring a sack lunch. There is no charge to participate.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Carrie Walker at 319.366.2862 or firstname.lastname@example.org.