Join the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation as a corporate partner to engage, lead and transform our community. We can provide expert philanthropic guidance to your business and can help you create and manage a corporate giving program that meets your needs.
Whether your business is just beginning to consider how to give or you’re already operating a corporate foundation, the Community Foundation can help you further your philanthropic mission. Our community knowledge and charitable giving expertise can help you meet your corporate giving goals, promote your company’s philanthropic passions and make a positive impact on your community.
Why Choose the Community Foundation for Your Charitable Giving?
- Giving becomes easy. Charitable giving through the Community Foundation is a seamless means of outsourcing your corporate giving program. The Community Foundation can provide expert guidance on structuring your company’s giving plan as well as behind-the scenes fund administration support.
- Tax benefits. Your company will receive immediate tax benefits at the time a gift is made to a corporate donor-advised fund at the Community Foundation, even if the funds are distributed at a later date. If your company establishes an endowed fund, giving through the Community Foundation provides access to Endow Iowa tax credits, a 25% Iowa tax credit in addition to federal deductions for certain charitable gifts.
- Cost-effective and efficient. There is a very low cost to administer a fund and assist with the grantmaking process. We provide tax receipts for all contributions and years of experience accepting all types of assets.
- Giving becomes more organized. Your business will receive regular reports showing the charities you are supporting and the amounts given. The Community Foundation staff can assist with the multiple requests you receive for contributions.
- Strategic philanthropy. We can help you design and implement a philanthropic approach that meets your company’s needs and achieves your desired objectives in the community.
What We Offer
- Community knowledge. Our professional staff have knowledge of community needs and opportunities and can connect you to causes you care about.
- Prompt gift acknowledgements and grant processing. The Community Foundation provides timely tax receipts for all contributions and prompt grant processing.
- Grantmaking due diligence. The Community Foundation follows a due diligence process to ensure the grant recipient is qualified and able to fulfill your charitable intent. It also ensures that the grant complies to legal requirements.
- Anonymous grantmaking. The Community Foundation offers anonymity if you don’t wish to be identified publicly, and the flexibility to change this on a grant-by-grant basis.
- Increased name recognition. The Community Foundation provides opportunities to name your fund to distinguish your business or identify your charitable purpose for the fund. The Community Foundation includes you as a collaborative partner in its media and promotional materials.
- Online access to manage your fund. The Community Foundation provides a secure, online tool to access your statements of activity, review fund balances and gift history, make donations to your fund, or make grant recommendations.
Corporate Giving Options
- Corporate Donor-Advised Fund – Giving through a corporate donor-advised fund at the Community Foundation allows you and your employees to remain actively involved in making grant recommendations to causes you care about whenever it is convenient. Grants can be made to local, national and international organizations.
- Corporate Donor-Advised Fund with Competitive Grantmaking Program – This is a more robust charitable giving option that allows you to fund local programs or projects through a grant application process. We offer a dedicated Community Foundation team to provide professional guidance and administrative oversight that includes a wide range of services from reviewing grant requests to sending award letters to overseeing grantee accountability.