Applications are being accepted by the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation for the position of Controller. This position is responsible for the management of the financial operations of the Community Foundation, including: financial accounting, reporting, and data analysis; audit and tax; and benefits administration.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
324 3rd Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Application deadline is Monday, July 1, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. A complete job description is available below:
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
The Controller is responsible for the management of the financial operations of the Community Foundation, including: financial accounting, reporting, and data analysis; audit and tax; and benefits administration.
- Assists the CFO with the day-to-day, month-end, and year-end operations of the Finance Team.
- Manages the daily processing of contributions.
- Performs the weekly processing and recording of accounts payable and grant payments.
- Works with Future Systems to process payroll semi-monthly.
- Performs the monthly reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Records adjusting and reclassification journal entries, as needed, on a monthly basis.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports and analysis as requested.
Management of Financial Operations
- Oversees routine transactions, including deposit of contributions, and payment of accounts payable, grants payable, and payroll.
- Ensures transactions are entered, approved, and posted in iPhi efficiently and accurately.
- Maintains documentation of Finance Team procedures and processes.
Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Data Analysis
- Prepares monthly operating income statement and quarterly Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Activities.
- Calculates distributable amounts annually and fees quarterly.
- Collaborates in preparation of annual operating budget.
- Monitors budget-to-actual differences and prepares quarterly operating projections.
- Provides strategic level decision support through requested data analysis.
Audit and Tax
- Compiles required financial records and reports for the audit.
- Completes tax organizer for Community Foundation’s tax returns.
- Assists CFO during Open Enrollment period.
- Works with TrueNorth to maintain employee benefits portal.
- Works with TIAA to monitor 403(b) plan. Provide information to third-party administrator for preparation of tax return.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Adept at verbal and written communication
- Works collaboratively
- Strong organizational abilities
- Able to work independently, helpful to guide and train others
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Quick insight and ability to learn
- Generates original solutions and suggests improvements
- Supports the mission of the Community Foundation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, or equivalent work experience.
- Community foundation experience preferred.
- Experience with financial software.