Applications are being accepted by the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation for the position of Executive Assistant / Donor Relations Officer. The application deadline is Monday, June 4, 2018 at noon.
Title: Executive Assistant / Donor Relations Officer
Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: President & CEO and Vice President of Development
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant / Donor Relations Officer serves as an assistant to the President and CEO, member of the Development Team, coordinates donor stewardship for corporate and family fund holders in support of family philanthropy, and is the principal liaison to the Board of Directors and Council of Foundations for National Standards.
Assistance for President & CEO
- Handles incoming and outgoing calls, electronic and other communication on behalf of the President & CEO.
- Assists the President & CEO in preparation of correspondence, letters, reports and presentations, as requested.
- Schedules meetings and conference calls for the President & CEO as requested involving internal and external clients; makes meeting and travel arrangements as requested.
- Assists the President & CEO and works with the Leadership Team in organizing leadership, staff meetings and retreats.
- Provide assistance to the President & CEO for his/her work in community based projects.
Assistance for Donor Stewardship
Works to build and deepen relationships with existing individual, family and corporate fund holders in support of family philanthropy and in coordination with the President & CEO. Specific tasks include:
- Cultivates a portfolio of individual, family and corporate fund holders, using face-to-face meetings and group presentations.
- Prepares for and participates in development calls with assigned fund holders, and responds to fund holder inquiries and questions.
- Participates in donor meetings and serves as a contact point for assigned fund holders.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with assigned fund holders.
Provides timely response and support for donors. Specific tasks include:
- Provides assistance with preparing for team meetings and events such as preparing materials, reserving rooms, ordering meals, set-up/clean-up and RSVPs.
- Participates in and supports the Development Committee as needed. Prepares meeting minutes as needed.
- Handles verbal and written inquiries from individuals, nonprofit and affiliate organizations requesting assistance with fund development.
- Helps prepare materials and reports for meetings with fund holders and prospective donors.
- Provides support for gift processing, donor gift acknowledgement letters, Endow Iowa applications and donor welcome information.
- Utilizes CRM and Events modules in the iPhi database system.
- Assists with database maintenance, reports and mailing/email lists.
- Participates in and supports Community Foundation events.
Assistance for Board of Directors
Serves as principal liaison for the Board of Directors, providing support and response to requests as needed.
- Coordinates Board and Executive Committee meetings including:
- Gathers information from all departments to prepare the agendas and materials to distribute to Board members and staff
- Arranges meeting spaces
- Attends meetings to take, transcribe and distribute accurate meeting minutes or other post-meeting correspondence.
- Drafts, distributes and documents approval responses of board consent ballots between meetings.
- Maintains conflict of interest database and tracks board and staff responses.
- Assists with development of and maintains updates for the Board Member Manual.
- Maintains Board and Committee candidate database.
- Manages the National Standards reconfirmation process.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with all Community Foundation
- Maintains confidentiality as defined in the Community Foundation Confidentiality Policy.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and professional manner, both in appearance and actions in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Follows emergency plan in crisis situations.
- Attends and participates in Community Foundation meetings as directed.
- Maintains scheduled work hours, M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and notifies his/her supervisor personally of absences.
- Promotes a team concept by being courteous, helpful and supportive to other employees and all Community Foundation
- Works flexible hours, including evening and weekend hours, if needed.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work environment.
- Completes/submits forms related to payroll and human resources accurately and on time to supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have working knowledge Microsoft Office.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with Community Foundation staff, Board, donors, professional advisors, volunteers and agencies.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently, set priorities, schedule and produce work in a timely manner.
- Must possess high analytical and problem-solving skills to effectively utilize the Stellar iPhi database. Experience in Stellar iPhi database software helpful but not required.
- Experience with and knowledge of the nonprofit sector, foundations and fund management preferred.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and four references to:
Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
324 3rd Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Application deadline is Monday, June 4, 2018 at noon.