Hours: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Position Summary: The Content Associate is a position within the marketing team that provides a critical link between grantmaking services and donor services at the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation. The position is responsible for writing informative and inspiring content to assist with and promote philanthropy and grantmaking in our community. The position will work on general writing for marketing purposes and will work closely with a program officer on review of competitive donor-advised grant applications.
- Writes stories about donors to inspire giving in our community.
- Writes stories about nonprofit organizations and how philanthropy has made a difference in helping them fulfill their missions and needs.
- Reviews and analyzes Competitive Donor-Advised grant applications, asks follow-up questions as necessary, and writes informative reviews to assist donor-advisors with grantmaking.
- Evaluates final grant reports from nonprofit organizations, assesses and documents results, and provides written summaries to donors to outline the impact of their giving.
- Assists with other Community Foundation writing projects as needed such as news releases, guest opinions, video and event scripts, web and social media postings, materials and mailings.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with all Community Foundation
- Maintains confidentiality as defined in the Community Foundation Confidentiality Policy.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and professional manner, both in appearance and actions in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Follows emergency plan in crisis situations.
- Attends and participates in Community Foundation meetings as directed.
- Records relevant donor and nonprofit information in iPhi information management system.
- Maintains scheduled work hours, M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and notifies his/her supervisor personally of absences.
- Works flexible hours, including evening and weekend hours, if needed.
- Promotes a team concept by being courteous, helpful and supportive to other employees and all Community Foundation
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work environment.
- Completes/submits forms related to payroll and human resources accurately and on time to supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Minimum of three years of writing or marketing experience.
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good project management skills.
- Sound understanding of the principles of marketing.
- Strong understanding of new technologies and how they can be applied to marketing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Please email cover letter and resume to Laura Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
324 3rd St. SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
The application deadline is Monday, February 9, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.