Since 1972, the Library Foundation’s mission has always been focused on supporting the Cedar Rapids Public Library’s efforts to promote literacy and lifelong learning in Cedar Rapids and surrounding communities. The Foundation and Library are now concentrated on providing our patrons with opportunities to interact with and learn through books, technology, art, and each other.
Through your generous contributions, our Library is able to provide innovative resources, targeted outreach, and emerging technologies to our community. The Foundation supports several Library programs, including:
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library – a free, monthly book-gifting program for Cedar Rapids children 0-5.
- PressReader – a digital resource providing unlimited access to over 7,000 of the world’s top newspapers and magazines.
- Preschool Outreach – programming provided by library staff at preschools serving low-income children, and focusing on the five early literacy practices of Sing, Talk, Read, Write, and Play.
- Books & Materials – these consumables keep our patrons engaged and equipped with well cared-for and maintained literature, videos, music, e-books, and more.
- Library Staff Development – the Library provides year-round professional development for its staff on topics such as intellectual freedom, implicit bias, social justice and equity, and the role of the library in the community.
For more information on how the Foundation supports your Library, please visit www.crlibrary.org/foundation.