Grant Deadline: Friday, July 1, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. CST
The Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation announces its second grant cycle for 2022 for local charitable nonprofits. Applications will be accepted through Friday, July 1, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. CST. Grants will be awarded to organizations that enhance the quality of life in Linn County.
The Community Foundation accepts applications from nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status, governmental organizations, and non-501(c)(3) organizations that have completed arrangements to obtain a fiscal sponsor. Grant applications can be submitted online at www.gcrcf.org starting Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
The final grant application deadline for 2022 will be on Tuesday, October 4. For more information on funding opportunities and deadlines, visit gcrcf.org.
For this grant cycle, applications will be accepted for the following grant programs:
- Program Support Grants: Support new, innovative programs and sustain current and/or ongoing programs. Grant awards are a maximum of $25,000 for a 12-month period or $50,000 for 24-month period. Award limits are based on organizational age and size.
- Organization Support Grants: Support general operating costs and capacity-building projects for nonprofits that impact the quality of life in Linn County. Grant opportunities are based on organization location, age, and size, with grant awards from $1,000 to $25,000.
- Endowment Challenge Grants: Support nonprofit organizations with a matching grant to help in their effort to support an endowment to create sustainable funding. Grant awards are $25,000 with five years to meet the match. Organizations that have been fully operational for seven years or longer are eligible.
- Competitive Donor-Advised Funds: Supports nonprofits that align with the funding priorities of the donor-advisors. The Community Foundation accepts grant applications for a number of local corporations and family foundations. The programs, grant award sizes, and activities to be funded are determined by each donor-advisor and may or may not include programmatic or operating support, capital campaigns, event sponsorships and religious activities. Applications are being accepted for the following competitive donor-advised funds:
- Altorfer, Inc.
- Bloomhall Family
- Diamond V
- Lil’ Drug Store Products
- World Class Industries
- Girls with Goals Fund: Supports nonprofit organizations working to empower girls ages K-8 in Iowa. Grant awards are up to $500 and are determined by the donor-advisor.
The Community Foundation continues to accept grant applications to its Disaster Recovery Fund as needed.
For more information on the Program Support Grants, please contact Sanjana Raghavan at 319.200.2279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Organization Support and Endowment Challenge Grants, please contact Rochelle Naylor at 319.774.2373 or email@example.com.
For more information on the Competitive Donor-Advised Funds and Girls with Goals Fund, please contact Elizabeth Cwik at 319.774.2372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.